Thursday, September 17, 2015

What's the dif?

On last night's debate American Taliban leader Mike Huckabee said that there should be accommodations for religious zealots like Kim Davis. This would mean, of course, making thousands of accommodations for all kinds of beliefs. Although I'm sure Huckabee and Santorum only want accommodations for Christians. Being an atheist I think god is a lot of hooey and I don't see why we should allow someone to break the law for a deity for which there isn't a shred of evidence. On the other hand, I do think the number 13 is unlucky. Considering that, I will not go to work on the 13th of any month and I don't think I should be fired for my absence. I also refuse to attend any business meeting at an address with a 13 in it, will not board a plane with a 13 in its flight number, or purchase anything with a 13 in the price. I think my belief is every bit as valid as interpreting something from a ancient book in which they authors didn't even know there were other parts of the world. Since religion and superstitions are basically the same thing, I am sure the Republicans will have no problem with my request.

No comments:

Post a Comment