Sunday, September 27, 2015

Heaven help us.

I like the Pope. I really do. He's certainly the first breath of fresh air in the opulent, hypocritical and destructive Catholic church. Still, being an atheist, there is a certain aspect of  his visit that troubles me. I can't help wondering why they needed so much security everywhere he went. There were snipers and bodyguards at every stop to prevent any assaults on the Pope. But if he is the emissary for God on Earth and if Catholics sincerely believe there is an Almighty, why wouldn't they assume that God, with all his powers, would protect the Pope? Isn't this just another hypocrisy of religion? Believers pray to  an all-seeing, all-knowing being for everything from an end to a drought to a new bicycle, yet they don't trust Him to protect one little man on a visit to the United States. I'd say this represents a serious lack of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment