Thursday, April 2, 2020

NO GOOD DEED....

Last night at about111pm, as I was falling asleep, I heard a woman's voice yell what sounded like, "help, help, help, help". Concerned, I called the Miami Police. The responder asked my address and phone number, and inquired if I wanted to be kept informed. I said, "No. I want to sleep." After almost falling asleep again, I heard a pounding on my front door. I got up, robed, and answered the door, greeted by flashing lights, two squad cars, and a cop who needed information I didn't have. Apparently the cop who took my call never mentioned I had no more information and wanted to sleep. The door pounder politely apologized and I went back to bed, where I remained awake for four hours. Kind of makes you wonder if it pays to be good citizen of if it's true that no good deed goes unpunished.

No comments:

Post a Comment