Friday, September 15, 2017

A PLEASANT WINE WITH AN EERIE BOUQUET.

One of the dumbest trends in society today is the pairing of wines with TV networks. I don't know who started this absurd pretension, but I suspect it was TCM. The idea that there is a wine compatible with viewing Casablanca, Now Voyager, or King Kong is ridiculous. I see that even ID, the crime network, has jumped on the bandwagon. Does that mean that there's a wine to have while watching a
garroting, and different wines for stabbings, shootings, and pushing someone off a cliff? I imagine they only recommend red wines, the color of blood. What next? Will viewers be planning  their menus around their favorite programs. At least we'll know what to savor while watching The Silence of the Lambs. (Do I really need to spell it out?)

No comments:

Post a Comment