Saturday, September 16, 2017

HOW IRMA RESCUED ME FROM DONALD.

Despite its fury, Irma was not as destructive as we had imagined. My house had zero damage, though the yard is a jungle of fallen trees. And the hurricane brought with it an incredible advantage. Since we were so busy preparing for the storm, and since we early on lost power, TV, and internet, I had no news about politics or our insane president for four days. On the fourth day, I wondered why I felt to cheerful and anxiety-fee, Obviously it was because I had been free or our national bugaboo for several blissful days. When services were restored I wisely avoided going back to the depressing news coverage and chose the more cheerful murders of Forensic Files and ID. I know, of course, that our president has made daily blunders, said stupid things, insulted worthy people, threatened world powers, and bragged endlessly.  But I happily, have no more knowledge than that. Thanks Irma.

No comments:

Post a Comment