Wednesday, December 16, 2015

You can't have both of them.





For a long time I have watched ABC World News for many reasons, especially their Made in America segments. But lately I find it increasingly difficult to endure. While I like David Muir, I find his sloppy diction annoying as hell, and can't imagine why the network doesn't speak to him about it. Also annoying is the transparent attempts at beefcake reporting (do all the male reporters really need to wear tight jeans?).  But most offensive is the constant promotion of Disney-released films, like Star Wars, disguised as news. ABC has enough commercials without making the news itself a promotion for the network owners. While I feel guilty about ditching ABC, I must say that the CBS Evening News offers much better coverage and superior diction.

No comments:

Post a Comment