Sunday, April 7, 2013

What should I wear to my funeral?

Now let me get this straight because I always had a problem with it. You die and your body rots, right down to the bones and even further if you're dead long enough. But at a certain point Jesus or someone is coming back and all the dead people will rise from the graves, once again intact—billions and billions of them. But how old? And if you lost your hair will get it back? And will you be dressed in the clothes you died in? Then apparently you line up for judgement. And God, who everybody says is such a nice guy, decides whether you go to heaven or the eternal flames of hell. It's hard to imagine how evil anyone could have been to deserve the eternal flames of hell from such a generous and loving god. But who am I to question it? And if you're in the heaven, then what? Wings? A robe? Lots of floating? I don't want the fires of hell, but I sure as hell don't want eternal floating. Don't Christians ever stop to think just how ridiculous and unlikely this scenario is.

No comments:

Post a Comment