Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bayer faced lie.

I thoroughly dislike the Bayer Corporation. Mostly because of their history during World War II as a provider of the chemicals to kill millions of Jews and other targets of the Nazis. But also today, because they are greedy manufacturers of wildly overpriced medicines and poisons and create many commercials which are outright lies. One of their favorites is to suggest that in the event of a heart attack taking a Bayer aspirin can be a lifesaver. Possible? In rare cases, maybe, but I wouldn't put much faith in it. But I particularly dislike all of their commercials in which the heart attack sufferer says, "My doctor put me on a Bayer aspirin regimen." I doubt that their doctors specified Bayer. If they did, I think they're irresponsible for suggesting the most costly aspirin when far less expensive aspirin will do the same job. Has you doctor ever said, "You should replace high-fat oils with more Pompeii Virgin Olive Oil."

No comments:

Post a Comment