Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Get out of my cab!!!!!!!"


I don't know who it is that loves to watch people eat huge mustard-, cheese-, and ketchup-loaded burgers, but it sure ain't me. But someone must or McDonald's wouldn't have so many commercials with people greedily biting into those juicy timebombs. One of the newest has a series of young professional types hailing cabs and telling the drivers not to hurry. Why? Because they want to eat their enormous Angus three-pounders in the back seat. First of all I don't know why they couldn't eat them at McDonalds, unless they find being at those tight tables surrounded by so many huge people unpleasant. Second it's incredibly rude for them to eat in the taxi, especially a sandwhich that is sure to smell up the vehicle so much that the poor driver will have to air it out—that is if he doesn't punch them out first for being so inconsiderate. If McDonald's is going to turn us into a nation of overweight slobs, they could at least spare us commercials that are nothing less than lessons in rudeness.

Postscript: Since writing this post, I have had two occasions to take cabs. Both times I asked the drivers how they felt about people eating in the back of their cabs. Both drivers said they wouldn't permit it. One said it matter-of-factly. The other vociferously stated, "Nobody eats in my car!"

No comments:

Post a Comment