Thursday, March 9, 2023

MEDICAL CARE TODAY

 Several weeks back I had an EEG scan with a Dr. Pandy in Miami. I assumed they would notify me when the results came in. But this morning I received a call that my appointment was today, though I had never be told that, so I cancelled. Just now I called Dr. Pandy's office to see if they could tell me the results over the phone rather than my having to reschedule, and make the tedious visit to the office for a five minute appointment. The recorded voice told me that I was number 3 on the phone waiting list, and by pushing number 2, I could leave a call back. This wouldn't have been so bad except it was accompanied by loud frantic annoying music and the message was repeated at least 15 times at 10-second intervals. I finally hung up. This is medicine in Miami these days. Doctors are difficult or impossible to reach. They have no problem leaving you hanging on the phone for extended periods. And more often than not their office staff is less than efficient or friendly. C'est la vie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment