Monday, August 2, 2021

 It seems to me that a lot of these so-called merchandising geniuses remove popular items from store shelves and replace them with crap. I see this all the time, but let me point out two instances, Despite the fact that millions of Americans have purchased zillions of CDs, you can no longer buy a decent CD player. Your only recourse are hideous, low-priced boomboxes which are neither sturdy nor attractive. But a  larger, muli-featured unit with excellent sound is out of the question. (I think Bose might still make one if you feel like mortgaging your house.) The other item is a Terry-cloth bathrobe. Every retail store only offers thin polyester summer robes or that icky, awful, can't-stand-to-touch-it fuzzy velour, but nice cozy cotton terry, forget it. Friends, tired of my complaints, tell me to check out the Internet. But I refuse to buy on-line. I detest the cold, complexity of buying on line, despise passwords, and the few times I have tried something always went wrong. No. I like dealing in a real store with real people, though more and more those real people do not have the products I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment