Sunday, August 1, 2021

A MEDICAL SCAM.

I was scheduled for an upper and lower GI on August 4. My gastrointestinal doctor is great. His center is close, and, frankly, I love the drugs he puts me under.  But I cancelled. Why? Because while the colonoscopy is covered, the medical laxative is not. And I refused to pay the asking price for a bottle of liquid that is probably no more effective than Ex-Lax, How much was it? $160.00. This, to me, is nothing short of highway robbery, a scam, an absurd price that every patient should refuse to pay.  In past GIs the liquid was free until the very last one several years ago in which it cost $80.00—a ripoff I still haven't gotten over. Now it is double that price and I won't pay it. It isn't like it's a miracle liquid that makes prepping for a GI more comfortable, less unpleasant. No! It's still a miserable vile-tasting experience with the added misery of knowing it cost you almost $200. Anyway, if you're scheduled for a procedure, refuse to pay for the liquid, or at least complain. I suspect that the doctors make enough profit on these half-hour procedures to spring for the necessary medicine.


No comments:

Post a Comment