Sunday, August 8, 2021

A BRIEF ILLNESS.

I am 79. Among my friends of many ages is a woman named Debby who is 84. Debby lives at a popular retirement home. As you can imagine all the home's residents have had both covid shots. So, needless to say I was surprised when she called me several days ago to tell me she was in the hospital with covid. I had heard about breakthrough viruses, but hers was the first in which I had known the victim. She said she didn't feel well and had trouble breathing. Also that she was kept with other sufferers of breakthrough viruses. Being a Fauci fan, I took him at his word that those who had been vaccinated would have far less severe symptoms than those who foolishly were refusing to be vaccinated. Fauci was right. Debby called me this afternoon, five days after admittance to the hospital. She was feeling great, sounding great, and about to return to her retirement home apartment.  There is no question that, at 84, had she refused to  be vaccinated her brush with covid would have been fatal.

P.S. Not that she could have refused as vaccination is mandatory at her retirement home, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment