Sunday, June 20, 2021

SAY "CHEESE".

Two of the year's most annoying commercials are both from Kraft and both for the same thing and both stupid. Each economy commercial promotes a grilled cheese sandwich. I say economy because there is no expensive on-camera talent just a frying pan and a cooking sandwich. The cloying voice-over on one spot is an adult pretending to be a little girl. On the other voice-over spot a legend on the screen reads "shhhhhhhh" although I can't imagine why. But both spots have the meaningless theme that it is "grilled cheese o'clock". Cost-wise, these are the cheesiest commercials on the air. Having lived through the age of great Kraft advertising (the 50s and 60s) I consider their present commercials weak and unimaginative. I also suspect that are not effective. Since Kraft produces so much tasteless "cheese food" my instinct when I want a grilled cheese sandwich is to head for the 100% natural cheese products from Sargentos.

No comments:

Post a Comment