Tuesday, November 7, 2017

LIVE AND LEARN.

Despite knowing that mattress buying is the latest overpriced, bullshit, money-making industry, I decided I need a new mattress and went to Mattress Firm. Since I'm not about to spend $1,000 or more for a mattress that's 15 inches thick and weighs a ton,  I chose a 9-inch mattress that I was told was "Memory Foam". It felt comfortable enough in the store, so I bought it for $300 (still way overpriced). The excessive delivery charge was $80, but that included removing my old mattress, which once de-sheeted  looked incredibly new, and was probably sold as such. Well it turns out the mattress was not comfortable, certainly not quality, and nowhere near what it eventually cost. Fortunately there is a 30-day return policy, which I intend to use. Of course they'll charge another $80 to take it away. So basically I will have spent $160 plus tax for a cheap uncomfortable mattress, and I still don't have a bed to sleep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment