Sunday, May 28, 2017

WHAT NEXT?

I don't think commercials have ever been more plentiful or more unpleasant. The worst are these disgusting ads for bathroom tissue that leave nothing to the imagination. I would much rather be scolded by Mr. Whipple than told by an animated bear why he will never get clean. Then, of course, there is the fabreze commercial with a woman's voice telling us how much she likes her downstairs bathroom to answer the call of nature (though the spot shows it being used by a man). Do we really need to know why she visits it, and why she so adores fabreze? Also, of course, is the blonde model whose intimate bathroom discussion leaves nothing to the imagination. Call me a prude and uptight, but, surprisingly, I have absolutely no interest in anyone's bathroom habits. Considering how vulgar these ads are now, I hate to think of what the next generation will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment