Friday, March 22, 2013

"I changed my mind, thank you."

I'm not a germophobe. But there is one thing that is universally done that absolutely disgusts and amazes me. Amazes me because it's so incredibly common when it's also so obviously wrong. It's when ice cream cone vendors do not use a napkin to pick up the cone. They more often do it with their bare hands, and it's not unusual to see them stick their fingers into cone to pick it up. How stupid do you have to be to know that this unsanitary. Since I usually don't have the courage to scold them for their lack of good hygiene, I am more likely to order a dish of ice cream when I really want a cone. The ultimate experience of this repulsive habit was a while back when I went to TCBY. The young man behind the counter obviously had a cold, judging from his sniffing. He asked me what I wanted, then ran his hand through his luxuriant and greasy hair. I decided nothing and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment