Sunday, April 8, 2012

These are my peers?

At 69, I have never driven a car, never been to a sporting event and, until now, never be called to jury duty. As a fan of true crime books, I have been to hundreds of trials on paper, but tomorrow will be the first time I may get to see one in person. Of course it may not be all that interesting. I am used to murders of passion, murders for hire, patricide, matricide, fratricide and every other kind of -cide. I may not even get called in which I case I will still have a perfect record of never serving on a jury. And since I will turn 70 in July, I am no longer required to do so. Am I looking forward to it? I would be if it were like in the movies. But I am told by friends in Miami that those called to jury duty here are also treated like criminals and ordered around as if they were guilty of something. Still it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment