Thursday, December 22, 2011

Your New Year's Assignment.

Now play close attention. I like writing this blog and god knows I have a million opinions on everything. (Like god should be in lower case if you're an atheist, which I am.) But I am beginning to feel a bit foolish because I am getting so few hits. This is becoming more of a journal than a blog. So, here's where you come in. For starters nobody seems to write any responses other than my much-admired other blogger My Cats are Democrats which you should be reading regularly because it's absolutely brilliant and makes my blog seem pathetically immature and petulant. Despite that, if you enjoy my mostly cranky blog, I'd like you to recommend it to your friends, or your enemies. Even if you don't enjoy it, recommend it. Now there's no sense in recommending it to Republicans because I detest them and it's obvious. But Democrats or Independents will find lots to like. If you have any friends in advertising, give them the address. In fact, give it to lots of people. Write it on rest room walls. Slip the address into a pile of slacks when you're shopping. I don't care how you get the word out, just do it. Otherwise I will have to write one of those tear-jerking, "This is my last post" posts and none of us want that. Do we?

Note: Obviously this photo is a complete fraud. I haven't looked like that in decades. Also the IBM Selectric is a dead giveaway. So that sort of deception is kind of annoying. On the other hand, think of it this way. It's the only photo I have, proving that I am not some vain egomaniac who is forever leaping in front of a camera. In fact, if you knew me we would probably be the best of friends. So why wouldn't you want to help one of your best friends get a bit more traffic on his blog. I hate laying guilt on people, but am counting on you, and only you, to get those stats numbers up. And if they remain the same I'll know just who to blame and be terribly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment