Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Does he or doesn't he?


Only in recent years have men been so willing to admit they dye their hair. Despite that there are still many men walking around with grey or white hair that would look years younger if they got a dye job. We're not talking about the Cary Grant types who look fabulous with grey or salt and pepper hair, but people like me who just look old. Or did. Recently on vacation, I went to a salon in Boston and had my hair dyed. The stylist wasn't happy with the first color which was too light and redid it. I was very pleased and within days I actually felt different. I wouldn't say younger, but just more confident and less grandfatherly. Within a month I was once again grey and far away from that excellent salon. So I went to Supercuts in Miami. They couldn't mix the exact formula, but they chose a color that was close and I was, once again, pleased. The only problem was that my scalp itched for days, which I discovered by checking the internet is not that unusual. I should mention that I had tried home colors in the past, in fact several different brands. For some reason none of them took. I followed the instructions, wore the gloves, waited the right amount of time and when I shampooed, voila! grey. What's the point of this post? It's that men should learn what women have known for years. Not having grey hair makes you feel better about yourself and you should try it at least once. Of course you won't feel better if the color you choose is too black, too fake, or even too reddish (always a giveaway). You need to get something close to the color you once had before that shrew Mother Nature took it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment