Thursday, January 13, 2022

WHAT DOCS DON'T DO.

Most doctors don't consider the finances of their patients. Too often they write out prescriptions that their patients can't afford or a have trouble paying for.  Often they write a prescription without considering if there is a smaller size that will do the job. Example: My dermatologist prescribed two creams to treat a blemish I have had for months. The pharmacist told me one of them was free, the other was uncovered by my insurance and cost $36.00. I declined buying it hoping the free cream would do the job. It didn't. Seeing no improvement I went back to purchase the costly cream. But it had been sold, and had to be reordered. I told the pharmacist I suspected the dermatogist had prescribed more than I needed. She said she would see if there was a smaller tube. There was, and it only cost $12.00. After using only four tiny dabs for two days, the blemish I had had for four months disappeared. So even with the very affordable $12.00 tube, I still have far more than I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment