Wednesday, January 12, 2022

BLINDSIDED BY GREED


 Let's face it. All pharmaceutical companies are greedy thieves. Probably the creators of the medicines have good intentions, but the marketers only care about profits. They don't give a damn if someone can afford their products or not.They keep the prices as high as possible. And the worst offenders are the makers of optical products, like the ubiquitous Bausch & Lomb.  Eye drops are the most overpriced products of all. For a long time my eye doctor has given me samples. But today I had to fill a prescription at Walgreens. The tiny bottle which is only good for a month was $130.00! I was supposed to feel grateful because the actual price for this minute quality of "miracle" liquid is $530.00. Fortunately I can afford this. Most people can't, and since so many in need of these product are elderly like me (79) I can only assume the manufacturer's attitude is "pay up or go blind."

No comments:

Post a Comment