Sunday, October 21, 2018

THE INSANITY OF SIZING.

I wear a 9-/2 sized shoe. At least I did for most of my life. But about ten years ago, when I tried on 9-1/2 shoes they didn't fit. So I went to size 10, even though my foot had not grown at all. Within a few years 10 didn't fit any more. Now I wear a size 10-1/2. Why? There's no reason other than that manufacturers agreed to change the size. Why? I have no idea. Another problem. All my life I have had a 34" waist. My pants are 34". My shorts are 34". But when I buy underwear briefs the size 34" is much too tight. So I buy the 36" and up size, which fits fine. Until recently. The last time I bought the
36" and up, they were too tight. Did I gain weight? No. I lost weight. But I'm still 34". What is going on? When buying slacks or jeans, most manufacturers only have leg lengths to 30". Some makers have got to 29". But I'm 28". So every time I buy any pants, I have to pay to have them shortened. In the past few years, I have asked other customers what size leg they have. Many, many have said 28".
If there are so many men who have a 28" leg, why is that size not available? Who knows? As I wrote, it is the insanity of sizing. I'm sure there's a profit motive in it somewhere, but I cannot believe that Dockers is in cahoots with America's tailors.

No comments:

Post a Comment