Wednesday, October 10, 2018

COMMERCIALS I REALLY HATE.

The reason I hate the following commercials is that they so untrue. There seems to be no more truth in advertising, and companies can make a fortune lying to the American public. For instance Prevagen doesn't improve memory despite this nonsense about jellyfish, yet enough gullible American buy this rubbish (at about $35.00 a bottle) so the company can afford costly TV commercials every time you turn on the tube. Advil and Aleve have greatly exaggerated claims about the effectiveness and duration of their pills, which work well but not miraculously.  Bayer, the company that developed the gas the Nazis used during the holocaust, suggests that taking their aspirin during a heart attack of stroke will make all the difference in outcome. While there is some truth in this, any aspirin will do. The wildly popular lower-cased febreze says it eliminates odors. It doesn't. It just covers them up like everybody else. Oxi-clean is another over-promiser, as are so-called whitening toothpastes, dandruff shampoos, wrinkle creams, diet pills, and any number of brand-name
products that are in the hands of advertising agencies that couldn't care less about truth when it comes to making a profit for their clients.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you have joined me in the stent user group. My Primary Care Physician, the one you once went to, does not have me on Brilintas. I do not have any co-pays for the medications I take for heart/cholesterol etc. He did rcommend I take 2,000 mg of Omega fish oil. That means I have to take 4 beastly pills per day. However, my cardiologist noted my blood work came back much lower then previous test. He wondered what I was doing differently. I said only the fish oil. If you still see the same doctor at 401 Miracle Mile, you might want to ask him about the oil. BTW, I use Medica Insurance. very pleased with their plan, doctors and hospitals.

    ReplyDelete