Friday, August 11, 2017

MORE THAN A MEMORY.

My brother Gary Provost. a very successful writer and teacher, died 22 years ago. He had just returned from a trip to California in which he was working with Kelsey Grammer to write that popular actor's biography. He no sooner returned to Massachusetts than he suffered a heart attack and died the same day. This was a great loss to his family, his students, his readers and his fans. In addition to his many popular books, he created a video workshop called Write It/Sell It. For the past 22 years, I have been unwilling to view these CDs. But recently I felt I wanted to see Gary again. Today the CD collection arrived from his widow who has continued his workshops. Instead of finding it disturbing, I found it incredibly inspiring. Gary was a greater teacher than even I knew. His insights were brilliant. His presentation clear and logical. Spending hours with him again was  wonderfully educational. How nice that he taught me so much about writing decades after the day I thought I would never see him again. I'm proud to say that anyone who has any ambitions to be a writer will benefit greatly from this video course from my immensely admired and greatly missed brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment