Sunday, December 11, 2016

FRAGILE BONDS

In September I got a phone call from my oldest-term friend, a woman in London. She had called just to chat, but the conversation soon turned into, on her part, an attack on Hillary Clinton. Since she didn't know what she was talking about and I was already weary of Hillary's no-nothing attackers, the call ended on a sour note. The situation got sourer when I accidentally sent her an e-mail about the conversation designed for another friend. I have not heard from her since, though I have sent several make peace e-mails. At first I felt bad about this After all we had a history: several visits, lots of e-mails, lots of laughs. But since Trump has won the presidency, thanks in great part to all those who attacked Hillary based on effective Republican propaganda and very few facts, I don't feel a sense of loss. My friend, after all, was one of the millions of people who vilified Hillary Clinton, thus helping to usher an racist, narcissistic, amoral egocentric maniac into office. I wonder if she ever questioned her dangerous and unfounded anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment