Monday, February 12, 2024

81

 I'm 81 years old. According to Republicans, I should be in my dotage, taking baby steps on my way the bathroom for the fifth time in 20 minutes. I should be incredibly forgetful and, like Trump, incontinent. But unlike Trump, and very like Biden, I am clear-headed and energetic and in excellent health. I have never driven and mostly walk to destinations. I watch the news every day and feel that if anyone is losing it, it's the house Republicans despite their age. I don't feel 81. I don't act 81. I would hate to ever become as fat, as sedentary, as bitter, as self-focused as the super narcissistic Trump with his Max-Factor face and constant malapropisms. I'm 81. I'm still in the game and while I will never be as productive as President Biden, I'm feeling fine, thinking clearly,  writing imaginatively and plan to work hard on my own "Vote Blue" campaign. And while I think the world of Joe Biden, I am also a great admirer of my friend June. She's 90, but thinks just as clearly as if she were 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment