Thursday, May 27, 2021

SORRY WRONG NUMBER.

Consumer Cellular promotes themselves as the friend to the senior citizen. They offer less complex phones for less money and supposedly provide excellent service. Recent I bought one of their newer flip phones at Target, being a senior at 78, I expected nothing but convenience. Hah! The first problem was the super-loud Amber alert at 8am. Apparently they wanted me to respond to a kidnapping two hundred miles away. It went off three times, as if to chide me for not immediately getting dressed and leaping into the Batmobile. Then there were the notifications. Loud rings as many as ten times a day that suggested I should press the middle "notifications" button, which led to nothing. To rid myself of these annoying "features" I called Consumer Cellular, not once but six times. Each time a different cheerful person was  eager to help me by removing everything I didn't want. They all failed. I finally schlepped back to Target where the CC clerk was helpful, but didn't solve the problem either. So now I am stuck with a phone that screams out amber alters and rings for no apparent reason ten times a day. I still prefer it to a so-called smart phone. If this simple phone is this much trouble, imagine how complex a smarter phone would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment