Saturday, March 10, 2018

THE SAD STATE OF ADVERTISING.

Having been a successful copywriter for 40 years,I am particularly critical of the low quality of TV advertising today. At the moment I can't think of a single ad I would put in the Advertising Hall of Fame if there were one. But I can think of many commercial for which the advertisers should fire their agencies. One that stuns me is for Kraft which shows a man pushing a young child in a swing.
She keeps yelling "higher" and he complies until she apparently has gone flying off . While wonders if she's dead or merely crippled we see her eating Kraft's Dinner. Huh?I don't get it. Another of the many commercials you never want to see more than once, if that often, is for Xfinity,masters of mediocre ads. This shows fairy tale characters sitting around in what appears to be a group something session. The dialog is weak, the costuming absurd, the acting is pathetic, and message seems to be the A T & T have been lying about their coverage. As user of Xfinity, I can hardly credit them with the kind of superior service they claim to provide. And despite doing dozens of commercials they have never once pronounced "internet" correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment