Saturday, March 10, 2018

PILLS. TABLETS AND SPRAYS.

Recently when I went to the dermatologist he said I had rosacea and prescribed a cream to treat it. This surprised me since I wasn't aware of an obvious reddish blotch on my face where he pointed it out. Anyway, I bought the cream which came in a small tube and cost $65. I have been applying it diligently for a week,  and though I never saw signs of rosacea, I now have a rash in all the places I used it. I still think the world of my dermy, who has addressed many real problems. Still it makes one wonder just how necessary are all the medicines we are prescribed. Are the side effects worth the benefits? My blood pressure medicine gives me a chronic cough. My cholesterol drug which I stopped taking caused aches. One has only to watch the endless pharmaceutical commercials to ask oneself is having clearer skin really worth risking cancer or sudden death. Or if any improvement in health is worth the list of possible side effects that one might have to endure. Hmmm. I think when I turn 80 (only five years from now) I'll stop taking all medications and see who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment