Monday, October 9, 2017

JINGO ALL THE WAY.

I got a very stupid e-mail poll today. The question was "Do you stand for the National Anthem, yes or no?" The reason it's stupid is that it's not a yes or no answer. I was taught when I was young that you stood if the anthem was live, but were not required to so if it was recorded. Either way it's jingoism, of which I don't approve. I am also not thrilled that it is not an original tune and that it's theme is war. Many people have suggested that "America the Beautiful"  would be more suitable. And it would be it didn't have that damned "god shed his grace on thee" in it, which is unconstitutional. Also unconstitutional is the addition of "under god" in the Pledge of Allegiance, which is why I will never pledge. It's annoying enough that this is even under discussion today because Trump felt to not stand was unpatriotic. This is the same Trump who was a cowardly draft dodger, does not believe in free speech or that all men and women are created equal. The same guy who vilifies minorities, praises Nazis and white supremacists, and more than likely, with the aid of Russia, stole the presidency from Hillary Clinton after attacking her with vicious lies in a most unAmerican manner. The crushing has begun.

2 comments:

  1. I sent you an e-mail today when I finally got my Internet b ack after almost 2 months. I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete