Tuesday, November 22, 2022


I just wasted eight hours of my life watching one of the worst Netflix series ever: 1899. I should have seen right from the beginning that this inexorably stupid movie had no story, no plot, no logic, no nothing. I was taken in because it was filmed aboard a ship and looked interesting, but I soon realized this ship and plot was going nowhere, yet I stayed aboard through every absurd chapter. The themes, what there were, were constantly repeated as was the annoying line, "Wake up." The dialog was dippy, the characters cliche, the reveal at the end meaningless. At one point a frequent gimmick: passengers going through shafts from the ship in a stormy sea to a barren earth landscape was so repetitive it became comical. I advise anyone who is tempted to watch this stupid movie change their mind, By the way there was no reference and no connection to the end a century, so even the title was idiotic. (P.S. The provocative photo show above is not in this dreary series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment