Friday, August 2, 2024

RING!

In this post I will revert to my advertising critiques. My gripe of the day is with Consumer Cellular. It's bad enough that they do  stupid ads that waste the talents of Ted Danson, but their non-Danson ad is a fraud. In it they promise that if you buy a new phone you get two months service free. I bought a new phone, which I still can't operate.When I called for further instruction, I was told I did not get two month's service free because of some complex excuse they dreamed up, also that they no longer had printed manuals and you had to get all instructions over the Internet. Since they sell so many phones to seniors this seemed arbitrary since many seniors, like me, are not good with computers, much less phones. A printed manual is easier, more convenient, and more readily referred to.  It's another example of a large corporation forcing the consumer to jump through hoops so they can make larger profits. It's a pity. Consumer Cellular started out as such a nice company.

P.S. It seems I was having trouble using my new phone due to a moronic design flaw. One is supposed to gain access to several operations by tapping the arrow to the right of the OK button. The problem is the tiny arrow is black like the rest of the button, making it nearly invisible to many of the senior citizens CC claims to care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment