Thursday, August 8, 2024

SCAM


 I'm getting ripped off right and left by corporate America and I'm beginning to suspect it's not by accident. First of all, let me say I am one of those persons who pays his bills the day they arrive. That being so I was surprised to get a late fee of $29.00 from TD Bank. I assumed it was a Post Office failing. But when I tried calling their customer service I could get nowhere and decided to live with the false charge. Soon after I got a $30 late fee from Citi Cards, though my checking list showed I paid the bill on time. Dealing with their Customer Service was even more difficult, so I wrote to them. No response. More than a month ago I cancelled my T-Mobile phone and changed service to Consumer Cellular. But T-Mobile is still billing me for a phone I don't have and I can't get through to their Customer Service. At the same time Consumer Cellular isn't giving me the free service for two months they promised on their latest ad though I bought a new phone as they requested. What have I learned? That these seemingly mistaken charges are deliberate.That all the companies have designed circuitous impassable recorded message Customer Service numbers who refuse to connect you to a living human being until you've jumped through endless hoops and raised your blood pressure to dangerous levels. That corporations make a ton of money on deliberately illegitimate charges that helpless customers can't get reversed. And that the incompetence of the United States Post Office is the ideal scapegoat for corporate ripoffs. And that I suspect that I will keep getting these fake charges as will probably millions of other ripped off consumers.


No comments:

Post a Comment